Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 12 2014 Recap

Well it was a bit of a crazy week, but in the end I was able to get in nearly the number of miles I projected for the week.  A lot was going on at work, Hillary is in South Africa, had an all day workshop on Sat., rain and the spring thaw washed out part of our road, and I was still able to put in an 11 miler on Sat night in the dark followed by 26 miles the next day.  Oh, and we cooked up some maple syrup.
I am feeling a bit tired from the weekend since my alarm went off at 4:45 this morning to get to work and catch up on everything I should have gotten done over the weekend.  It feels good to be back on track.  Joints, and overall the body feels good.  The warm weather (40s!) has been nice, but there is still a lot of snow that needs to melt.  This is a down week before climbing back up for one big week before I start to taper for Bear Mountain.  It is crazy but the race is just 4.5 weeks away!  Hard to believe the trails around here will be passable by then!
I hit 500 miles for the year earlier this week.

Summary of Week 12:
M    OFF
T     6.4 mile run with Castleton XC team
W    OFF
Th   7.3 mile run Pond Hill Loop
F     OFF
S     11.4 mile night time run
S     26.1 mile Monument Hill Marathon distance run (1,654')


Weekly Totals:
Run distance:                    51.2 miles 
Total run elevation gain:    3,692 feet 
Total run time:                    7 hours 21 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just started ultra running in 2013. I have done a couple Ironman triathlons then I did not train much for about 3 years. On July 27, 2013, after a long bike ride with some friends I got the itch and signed up for the Virgil Crest 50 mile ultra. I was able to place second overall and tie the previous course record. My longest week included a 27 mile run and a weekly total of 50 miles. I am curious what I can do with adequate training ...

I attempt to take advantage of each season and cross train as much as possible to prepare for my upcoming 2014 ultra running races. Below you will find excerpts from my training days and races. You can search the blog for individual race reports or other key words on the bottom right-hand side. I work full-time as a professor at Castleton State College, so I utilize weekends for longer workouts and do what I can during the week.

Let me know if you want to go for a run!