Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week 10 2014 Recap

Well this was supposed to be a down week and it was really treated as such.  I actually didn't run again until this past weekend and only got out for two cross training sessions (Swimming and Classic Skiing).  The 2 day snowstorm that dumping 20 inches of snow at the house and heading up a new faculty search interview at work certainly contributed to my lack of training time this week.  I feel like my body needed some recovery time anyways so I am not too concerned.  My calves now feel great and my right knee was feeling about 90% during today's 15.5 miler with Hillary.  This week I am back on the train!

Summary of Week 10:
M    OFF
T     Lap swimming
W    OFF
Th   XC Classic Skiing in deep snow
F     OFF
S     11.8 mile run in NH;  XC Classic Ski on Newfound Lake
S     15.5 mile run on pavement and hard packed snow on dirt roads


Weekly Totals:
Run distance:                    27.3 miles (33.6 miles total)
Total run elevation gain:    1,792 feet (1,838' total)
Total run time:                    3 hours 53 mins (6 hours 38 mins)



Irish meal of champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just started ultra running in 2013. I have done a couple Ironman triathlons then I did not train much for about 3 years. On July 27, 2013, after a long bike ride with some friends I got the itch and signed up for the Virgil Crest 50 mile ultra. I was able to place second overall and tie the previous course record. My longest week included a 27 mile run and a weekly total of 50 miles. I am curious what I can do with adequate training ...

I attempt to take advantage of each season and cross train as much as possible to prepare for my upcoming 2014 ultra running races. Below you will find excerpts from my training days and races. You can search the blog for individual race reports or other key words on the bottom right-hand side. I work full-time as a professor at Castleton State College, so I utilize weekends for longer workouts and do what I can during the week.

Let me know if you want to go for a run!