Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 29 2014 Recap

July 21 - July 27

The VT100 really put my body into the hurtbox.  I think the last 12 miles or so played a big role in extending my recovery time.  Some digestive issues this week and just overall had a tired body.  The soreness went away over the first couple days of the week and I felt ready for something on Sat.  Hillary, the dogs and I hit up the Long Trail for a hike, run out to Griffith Lake.  A nice long, slow run that actually felt pretty good, but was minimal effort.

Summary of Week 29:
M    OFF
T     OFF
W    OFF
Th   OFF
F     OFF
S     12.9 mile trail run/hike on the Long Trail to Griffith Lake, slow, 1700' elevation gain
S     OFF


Weekly Totals:
Run distance:                     12.9 miles 
Total run elevation gain:     17,009 feet 
Total run time:                     3 hours 10 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just started ultra running in 2013. I have done a couple Ironman triathlons then I did not train much for about 3 years. On July 27, 2013, after a long bike ride with some friends I got the itch and signed up for the Virgil Crest 50 mile ultra. I was able to place second overall and tie the previous course record. My longest week included a 27 mile run and a weekly total of 50 miles. I am curious what I can do with adequate training ...

I attempt to take advantage of each season and cross train as much as possible to prepare for my upcoming 2014 ultra running races. Below you will find excerpts from my training days and races. You can search the blog for individual race reports or other key words on the bottom right-hand side. I work full-time as a professor at Castleton State College, so I utilize weekends for longer workouts and do what I can during the week.

Let me know if you want to go for a run!