Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 26 2014 Recap

June 30 - July 6

I am now tapering for the upcoming VT100, which is less than two weeks away.  I am getting more comfortable with the heat, but I am going to have to really pay attention to hydrating with enormous amounts of water/Nuun for race day.  I am noticing while lifting wood rounds and wheel barrowing them out of the woods I need to stop and take in a quart at least each hour.  Even with that I am probably not taking on enough on the hottest and most humid days.
Overall my body feels really good to go.  Now I have to just hope I have done enough, continue to taper down, and hope I can hold out for 100 miles!

Summary of Week 26:
M    6.0 mile Castleton Rail trail progressive tempo run
T     OFF; haul wood for 3 hours
W    OFF
Th   7.1 mile Herrick Hill climb trail run (1221' gain)
F     12.2 mile dirt road/trail run (1580' gain)
S     OFF
S     10.7 mile trail run, VASA Loop (1692' gain); haul wood 2.5 hours


Weekly Totals:
Run distance:                     36.0 miles 
Total run elevation gain:     4,608 feet 
Total run time:                    5 hours 41 mins 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just started ultra running in 2013. I have done a couple Ironman triathlons then I did not train much for about 3 years. On July 27, 2013, after a long bike ride with some friends I got the itch and signed up for the Virgil Crest 50 mile ultra. I was able to place second overall and tie the previous course record. My longest week included a 27 mile run and a weekly total of 50 miles. I am curious what I can do with adequate training ...

I attempt to take advantage of each season and cross train as much as possible to prepare for my upcoming 2014 ultra running races. Below you will find excerpts from my training days and races. You can search the blog for individual race reports or other key words on the bottom right-hand side. I work full-time as a professor at Castleton State College, so I utilize weekends for longer workouts and do what I can during the week.

Let me know if you want to go for a run!